Friday, June 26, 2009

Sewn Heart Gremlin and Some Cherries

Yay! I've wanted to do this for a while. I kept thinking that the heart gremlin would translate well to fabric and here's how it came out. His name is Rynar and he's going to be hanging around my Etsy shop if you find you need to give him a new home. He's really kind of a big guy measuring in at over a foot in height and width.

And yes, his heart is removable.

I've also got a cherry key chain for ya. There will be a couple of these over in my Etsy shop too.

I guess I haven't talked about reading much. Let's see I just finished Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I hope to jump into Catching Fire, book two shortly. You will find that it's not out yet for the rest of you, but that's one of the perks of working in a bookstore. Anyway, Hunger Games is a wonderful young adult read. Imagine the United States sometime in the future where there is a capitol in the center of the land mass. There are twelve districts surrounding the Capitol. There were thirteen but that one was obliterated during the rebellion. Now the twelve districts must take part in a Reaping in which kids ages 12-18 are entered into a lottery. Two kids are selected from each district and are send to fight to the death in an arena.

I am finishing Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon so that I can jump right into his new one, Angel's Game. Shadow of the wind is a book book. By that I mean that it's a book about books or one book in particular. A boy named Daniel is searching for the reason a book by Julian Carax is being destroyed. Daniel has safely tucked away the book in the cemetary for books in Barcelona. As he uncovers the past of Carax a gothic story of lies and would be loves is laid bare.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute made out of fleece!

Jen of fuzfrenzy said...

Thanks for your expert opinion :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!