Thursday, March 26, 2009

Coraline Mystery Box Swap

For your viewing pleasure... here is the Coraline Mystery Box Swap that I sent out to Sandra of Miaumau in London. My Little Mochi sent out a challenge to the world to step up and make a Coraline inspired box and send it to someone else in the world who would also be making a box and sending it to someone else in the world.

The story behind the box swap is that the makers of the Coraline film sent out fifty boxed to different blogs around the world to advertise the movie. Some people were disappointed that they didn't get a box and decided to make a swap for those of us that were interested. The film is based on the book by Neil Gaiman. And of course you should read the book before you see it. Here's the cover. My box was number 15 of 44 and we were supposed to show what number the box it was on the top. I used handmade paper and drew buttons and stitches on the edges.

The inside of the box and outside view of the letter.

The letter describing its contents.

A little handmade pillow for the Coraline doll, mouse, a key and buttons for eyes.

I'll get pictures of the box sent to me soon for you to enjoy as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool! What a fun idea! I have been meaning to read Coraline, thanks for the reminder.

amanda said...

jenni, you are so cute.